I want to remember all of the funny things we do, especially things we do on nearly a daily basis. "Rides" is definitely one of those things. They started out as simple airplane rides flying them around in my arms and have developed into a dozen or more different rides. Some of them I thought up, but many Parker and Jason have invented.
1- "Airplane": I walk around holding them horizontally in my arms or I lie on my back and they ride on my feet.
2- "Blast off": This is a ride I made up while teaching school. The kids squat down and whisper counting down from ten to one and then jump up as high as they can whispering, "blast off!" Now, the whispering thing was because I had 27 students in a school classroom, so at home, we can yell. Also, when they jump up, I'll pick them up in the air and fly them around or to their bed. (It has the bonus that my kids can count back from 10 at two years old.)
3- "Parachute": Parker recently invented this one. When I am flying them around after blast off or airplane, then I turn them feet down and slowly sway them to the ground.
4- "One for the Money": This is very similar to the childhood version I played, except that I hold them in my arms like I would rock a baby, except I swing them with vigor and occasionally stop to tickle them or kiss their cheeks. When it's "four to go", I throw or set them on the bed.
5-"Bouncy Car": I lay on my back and fold up my legs so my knees are by my chest. They climb on my calves and hold my hands while I bounce them around.
6- "Rhino": Jason invented this one. I crawl around slowly on all fours with Parker and Jason on my back.
7- "Dump Truck": Jason made this one up too. I crawl around while he is laying on his stomach on my back. I keep looking for a place to "dump my dirt". Then I get up on my knees and he, aka "my dirt", slides off onto the floor.
8- "Mommy Mountain": The boys hold onto my hands and climb up my legs and stomach and then flip around backwards to their feet.

Some of the "rides" are really more like games. The following are in that category:
9- "Tickle Trap": Brad started this one. The parent stays in one spot on the floor or couch. The kids run close and get tickle-tortured until they escape. Sometimes they'll include that if they touch our knee, then we have to freeze for ten seconds.
10- "Gingerbread Man": Parker invented this variation to Tickle Trap. He and Jason say, "Run, run as fast as you can; You can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man!" and then I chase them around the room. When I catch them, I tickle them and try to eat them up for a minute before releasing them to run away again.
11- "Trip, Trap": Jason invented this game based on the Three Billy Goats Gruff. Basically, you act out the story. The kids are the goats and I am the troll...except that he keeps changing it. Sometimes he wants to be the troll, or to change the story or change how he's walking or other things. He changes it in the middle of the game...Yes, it's total chaos, but it's fun anyway. Last Sunday I asked Brad to video us and this is what happened:
Like I mentioned, I want to remember all of the crazy fun times we have!
1 comment:
I was just looking at the pictures of the boys jumping, and it reminded me of that old home movie we have. You are jumping off of the couch, and Grandpa Ipson asked you what you were doing. You said, "Making frog jumps." Haha...like mother like children.
Post a Comment