Parker has been SO EXCITED for his party! He counted down the days, then hours, then minutes...seriously, this was thrilling for him!
The kids played a little "Pin the Flag on the Treasure Map". All the older kids cheated...it was hilarious to have them pretend not to see, but rotate their flags to make them position perfectly over "X marks the spot", he, he!

It came with this sweet blindfold, ha, ha!
A while ago I asked Parker if he wanted his first friend party or if he'd rather have a family party with his grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. He chose to celebrate with his family. I can't blame him, we have an amazing family!
Parker had been anticipating our tradition of going around the room and everyone sharing things they love about Parker. A few were comments were on his happiness, obedience and inquisitive mind. Both Uncle Ben and Grandma Pratt said something to the effect of: "I like that when I play games with Parker, I don't have to let him win, he manages to do it all on his own." We videoed all of his compliments so he can appreciate them all later.
Next he opened his presents.
Parker got so many fun gifts!
I love how all his cousins helped deliver his gifts and then helped him open them too, ha, ha!
As always, everyone was very generous!
Afterwards Parker went around the room to thank everyone and give them hugs.
Parker had requested a treasure chest cake. He didn't want a pirate theme per se, just the treasure and treasure map part, ha. ha! The cake turned out pretty well, although looks structurally compromised. Parker LOVED it! He prayed that it would be the "best, best, best, .... (dozen more "bests") ...cake ever!" Well, it did taste pretty fantastic thanks to this amazing recipe and his prayer, I'm sure!"
So excited to blow out his candles!
Parker had so much fun helping select and prepare the favors.
Afterwards we tried out all of Parker's fun new toys.
Jason giving the new football a ride in the wagon.
We had dinner at my parents' and had a little birthday celebration for my brother Ben, who is Parker's "birthday neighbor", since their birthdays fall two days apart.
Parker is such an incredible kid! I am so glad he's ours and it's so fun to celebrate with the years he's been in our family!

2 comments:
I love Parker! I also love his expressions in the photo with the Operation game and the picture with Ben.
Thanks for inviting us, and happy happy birthday Parker!!
Post a Comment