Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fall Family Portraits

We were lucky enough to have my amazing photographer sister-in-law Jackie take fall family portraits for us. Normally we only get family portraits taken every other year, but I've been really fortunate to have more chances lately. Jackie took some fantastic shots at Bear Lake in August. I have been hoping for one with the fall leaves, so we took some more this month.
I really want to make a large print for the living room, but I haven't decided which one I like best. Please let me know your thoughts!
Photo A
Photo B
Photo C
Photo D
We had tried to take some earlier in the month. They turned out okay, but the kids were not cooperative and the backgrounds are only mediocre...in other words, not what I want to blow up huge and leave on my wall for a few years.
Thanks to my family (especially Brad) and Jackie, we took the much better ones above. We took them at the Temple Quarry Nature Trail at the base of Little Cottonwood Canyon. It is a little quarter-mile paved trail that has absolutely gorgeous leaves now. It's free and a great way to appreciate the fall colors.
Please let me know which photo you like best!

3 comments:

Laura said...

D!!! All are beautiful. You are lucky to get such great photos all the time. I really need a new family photo.

Sarajane said...

the lighting in A is wonderful and everyone looks darling too, for sure wall worthy! This reminds me that I want to get a new family picture taken.

lys said...

I vote for D. In A, Liesel is obscuring Brad's face, but it's really cute of everyone-- especially the boys. In B, Liesel looks like she's sitting on Parker's head. In C, Parker is fading into the background too much.

I know how tough it is to get a good family pic with three little kids! Believe me!

They are all cute, but I'd go with D. :)