We decided to be adventurous and go as a family on the Waterfall Canyon hike. Waterfall Canyon is a moderate hike for most of it, but there are some really steep parts near the end. Brad and I hiked it last year, but knew that will the kids and with me six months pregnant, we'd better invite some help. My sister Angie and brother Ben were kind enough to join us. Our kids were troopers! Jason hiked all the way and only needed a hand to hold on the steep parts. He wanted to do it all on his own, but was willing to do "teamwork" when we asked him to help Angie. We had to keep asking Parker to slow down so that I could keep up! Unfortunately Brad pulled a muscle in softball the night before, but of course he didn't let that slow him down. He carried Liesel halfway up, even though I'm sure his muscle was killing him. Ben hauled Liesel up the rest of the way, which was rather strenuous.
Jason was absolutely filthy, ha, ha!
I thought hiking this difficult of a hike at six months pregnant, I'd be sore afterwards, but luckily I wasn't as all!
Liesel is such a cutie! She always sings as we hike!
Just as we were wondering if we would make to the top, I looked up to see this!
Liesel enjoying her fruit snacks and raisins at the waterfall.
From the waterfall you can look down into the Ogden valley.
The waterfall wasn't near as spectacular as last year, since there hasn't been as much snow or rain, but it was still definitely worth the effort to get there.
We made it!
One more view of the waterfall.
On the way down the steep part, Ben and Angie just passed her off to each other, rather than climb down off balance with her on their back.
Liesel started doing Indian war whoops on the way down!
We let her walk for a while when it flattened out. She's such a cute tiny little thing!
For the last couple hundred yards, Jason asked if he could be carried. Angie gave him a piggyback ride.
Thanks Angie and Ben for coming with us! We couldn't have made it without you!
1 comment:
Jen that's a very cool hike! Looks like you guys had so much fun!
Post a Comment