This year, our first Halloween activity was our ward party. Brad had class, of course, but the kids and I enjoyed it. We actually had a good missionary opportunity in that we were able to invite our neighbors who aren't members of our faith. They met many great people and I think they had a good time. Hopefully it will open the door for gospel discussions. At the party we had soup and salad and the young men and women had tons of games for the kids. Unfortunately my battery was dead on my camera so I didn't get any photos.
The next Halloween festivity was inviting Brad's family up for Sunday dinner a week ago. All of the kids dressed in their costumes for a photo. Aren't they cute?
Isaac (Ron), Isabelle (Hermione), Will (Hedwig the Owl), Adam, (Harry Potter), Jason (Kangaroo), Kade (Vampire), Parker (Policeman) and Liesel (Tinkerbell)

Last Thursday I was the "Room Mom" in charge of Parker's kindergarten Halloween party. Five moms came to help do games, a story, a treat and a craft. It was really fun to help out and I look forward to more class parties. Jason and Liesel came and enjoyed it too.
This morning, on Halloween, we went to Parker's Halloween parade at school. Jason woke up and decided he wanted to wear his dragon costume from last year. It was a little snug, but it worked out. Poor little Liesel has a little bit of a cold, but she's a trooper and liked watching all the kids in their costumes.
Here is Parker with one of his good friends, Jack. Jason and Jonathan are buddies in nursery too.
I hadn't dressed up for anything prior to Halloween, but wore scrubs to the school parade. I decided last minute that I wanted to dress up for Brad's work party. This is what I came up with. The Progressive Insurance commercials are pretty annoying, but everyone recognized me, ha, ha!

This photo was taken right outside Brad's office door. As you can see, Jason wanted to change costumes again and wore the train conductor costume.

Brad's company invites the families to come every Halloween for a party. They had games for the kids and "trick-or-treating" around the office. Then we enjoyed chili, soups and bread for lunch.
After dinner we headed out trick-or-treating in the neighborhood. Jason changed his mind yet again and wore the kangaroo outfit.
We always go to The Cottages, which is the subdivision around the corner. There are mostly older residents who love to see all the kids in their costumes. Of course our kids have loads of candy now. Jason was so funny; At every house that let him grab his own piece, he would carefully examine all the options and then pick his favorite. What a silly indecisive kid, ha, ha!
Happy Halloween!
1 comment:
I love your costume Jen!! Your the cutest Flo!! I need to see you all more!
Post a Comment