That night we also stopped by Herald Square and the Flatiron Building.
In case you can't see the caption, it says, "I don't care! I'd rather sink than call Brad for help!" We thought it fitting that Brad take a picture by it. My favorite paintings were probably the Monet works, but there was a lot of interesting art.
strategies.On Thursday morning we started our day walking through Central Park. We saw the Bethesda Fountain, Belvedere Castle and Clepatra's Needle, which is an Egyptian Obelisk.
We all loved being in Central Park. It's amazing how you can hardly tell you're in the middle of hundreds of skycrapers and a city that has a population of over 70,000 per square mile- and that statistic more than doubles during the day.
Next we went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. The Met is gigantic. We were hurrying to see it all. I bet we walked for three miles or more just inside the museum and we still didn't see it all.

After that we went across the park to the Natural History Museum.
After all of the walking in the museums, we were glad to take a break. We went out to dinner at a fun restaurant with a singing wait staff.
Then we went to see the Broadway production of "Wicked". It was absolutely phenomenal!
Throughout our trip we went to some fantastic restaurants.
One of our favorites was a little Italian Restaurant called Serafina. The ambiance was alright, but the food was absolutely incredible. I'm really inspired by my Aunt Suzie. She has incredible self control. Through only eating right and exercise she has lost 80 pounds and is surely going to keep at it. Despite the immense amount of walking during the days, she would get up early and go jogging. She had the discipline to order Raisin Bran when the rest of us were ordering things like this Waffling French Toast from Norma's. It was certainly delicious.
On Friday we went to Gound Zero and saw the site of the World Trade Center. We went to St. Paul's chapel, Trinity Church, Wall Street, the New York Stock Exchange, NY City Hall, the Brooklyn Bridge, Greenwich Village, Washington Park, New York University, a fashion design studio, the Manhatten LDS Temple and Lincoln Center, including Juliard School of Music and the Metropolitan Opera House.
We saw a number of cathedrals on our vacation. Here are pictures of St. Patrick's and Trinity.
That night we went to a Yankee's Game. We lucked out to have perfect weather our whole trip, except that afternoon and evening. The game was rained out, which I guess is kind of rare. We still got to be inside the stadium before it's torn down.
On Saturday morning we did some souvenir shopping and then flew home in the afternoon and evening to Parker. We want to thank my Grandma Cannon for giving us an amazing experience in New York and for the chance we had to spend the week with her. We loved it!


5 comments:
Hey Jen...sounds like you guys had a busy trip, but totally fun! You look so cute with your preggo belly. Congrats on the pregnancy!! It's fun to see how things are. You guys look great...
Great post! I love NYC! I miss living so close. Your baby belly is very cute, when are you due again? I just saw Wicked too. I loved it! How's life in N. Ogden?
Wow! What fun. Just now I am getting time to respond. I'm glad you found our blog - so now I can check on yours. We miss you in the ward, but glad you are enjoying your new place! Congrats on your (almost) new addition. You and Brad are such great parents - and Parker will be a great Big Brother. Take Care.
Looks like tons of fun. You guys did a lot. I regret not seeing a broadway show while in New York.
Looks like you were very busy...what a fun trip. I love your pregnant belly!
Post a Comment