Monday, February 02, 2009

Relieved to be done

So for the past month I have been organizing like crazy. I went through every single closet and cupboard. I cleaned out the junk and made everything more accessible. It was a HUGE job, especially with a newborn.
The garage, pantry, our walk-in and linen closets didn't take too long, but filing did.
This four drawer cabinet is new. Before we had a desk with a couple of filing drawers, but we hadn't gone through them in ages. We had useless things like old bank statements from 2004 for accounts that we had since closed. We also had a massive pile of unsorted papers. It took me a long time to go through everything and organize it. It is such a nice feeling to finally have it done.
Our house was perfectly clean for the blessing this weekend. There is already new laundry that needs to be put away and our library books are strewn across our living room floor, but I still am enjoying the peace of a clean home and the satisfaction of knowing I have the self-discipline to spend my discretionary time organizing instead of doing something more fun. (I don't intend to make that permanent, of course.) We also set up Jason's crib. (He had been sleeping in the cradle.) Here are some photos of his room:
Now that our home is clean and organized, let's see if we can keep it that way.

No comments: