Thursday, May 14, 2009

Women I Want to Emulate

I am such a lucky girl to have so many amazing women in my life, especially those with whom I'm related. Over the last two weekends we were able to visit with my mom, my mother-in-law and all four of Parker and Jason's great grandmothers. My boys don't know how lucky they are to have all of them living and close enough to visit somewhat regularly. All of these women are so selfless and generous. I hope that I can grow up to be just like them!









Besides being lucky enough to spend time with my mothers and grandmothers, I was also pampered on Mother's Day. Parker gave me a sun catcher he made. Brad cooked a delicious breakfast and helped out with the kids all day! That's a luxury that hasn't been available on Sundays, but all Brad's bishopric meetings were canceled for the day. Instead of sleeping in and taking advantage of his time off, he spent it doing things for me. Like I said, I'm a lucky girl!

Can I just say that I love, love, love motherhood! Parker and Jason bring me more joy than I could have imagined! I am so grateful that Heavenly Father entrusted them to our family. I'll say it again, I LOVE being a mother! My boys teach me so much. I've had so much fun staying home with them. I'm so glad that I can!

Like every mother out there, it's hard to have patience with the whiny, disobedient hooligans that sometimes appear, but I wouldn't trade motherhood for anything. I think even the hooligans are good for helping make a better me.

Well, I hope that all of you women, mothers or not, had a fantastic weekend! Men, it will be your turn soon!

No comments: