Monday, June 15, 2009

Reunited

On Saturday I was able to attend a missionary reunion- Bolivia, Santa Cruz. President Shumway and his wife finished their mission only a few weeks after me and we've been home eight years. Crazy how fast time passes. It was fun to see some of my mission buddies. There was a particularly great turnout from the sisters. Some flew in from as far as New York, North Carolina and California. Only one of my companions was able to attend, but since most of mine are from South America, I think it's unlikely I'll reunite with any of them soon. Mayra and I were such good friends both during and after our missions. It's always great to see her! There were some missionaries there from South America, but they are living here right now. It was so fun to see everybody that came. A few missionaries slipt out before the group photo, but here's most of us that came. The Shumways have been busy serving in the Seventy since they returned from Bolivia. They were recently called to be the new Temple President and Matron in the Albuquerque, New Mexico Temple. It was so great to see them and reminisce about the joys of the mission!

No comments: