Thursday, June 18, 2009

What We've Been Doing

This week I've had a bit of a cold, so it's been kind of low key. Luckily I'm the only one who has been sick. We've been at home a lot, but still managed to do some fun things. On Monday night Uncle Ben came to hang out with the boys so that Brad and I could go up to our church's youth conference at Utah State. We didn't get any pictures, but it was a lot of fun to spend time with the youth of the ward. Meanwhile, Parker and Jason were partying with Ben. Thanks for watching them for us, Ben!
On Tuesday, we decided to check out Union Station with Disney's A Christmas Carol movie. I wasn't feeling up to waiting hours in line, so we just walked around. Parker enjoyed it anyway.

On Wednesday the boys went to their first movie in the theatres. I know, Parker is three and we still hadn't taken him. Anyway, the local theatres have summer kids matinees for a dollar, so we went to Hortin Hears a Who. Parker enjoyed his first movie experience. Jason did really well being quiet. He slept for at least half the movie, so that helped.

I never mentioned that last week we went to a swim party for Brad's work. The weather cooperated perfectly and we had a great time enjoying a barbeque, swimming and eating really, really good shaved ice snow cones.

Jason just adores his brother, so here's a photo of him laughing at Parker. He had just gotten out of the pool, hence the swim suit and robe.

Also, on Saturday morning I ran the Heart of Holladay 5K with my mom. I hadn't run an organized race since my half marathon in 2003. Pretty pathetic that it's been that long. We kept up a pretty good pace and really enjoyed the run. I especially liked running it with my mom. My dad got some photos of us, so I'll have to get copies. I'm sure they're super flattering, but I'll post them anyway.

Today I've been playing catch-up on the house work. The dishes are done, the kitchen floor is mopped, Parker and I even washed all of the floor boards. Now I've got to fold and put away that giant pile of all our clean laundry. It will sure be nice when it's all done.

No comments: