Friday, August 07, 2009

At the Fair and Beyond

Yesterday my mom and I took the boys to the Weber County Fair. It was pretty windy, but since it was dollar day, it was defintely worth going. Parker loved seeing all of the animals. Jason and I are standing in front of a Watusi cow. It's an African breed with gigantic horns. It looks like they must be pretty heavy to lug around.

If you look caefully, you can see Parker and Grandma checking out this rabbit.

Jason enjoyed seeing the animals too. What a happy kid! Parker liked brushing the cow. Some of the other favorite animals were the Silkie Roosters, the Angora Rabbits (a.k.a. Super Fluff), the black pigs, the mule, the Texas Longhorn Cattle and the miniature horses. Thanks Grandma for coming with us!
Also on Thursday I got to go out to lunch with my good friend Jen. She and I were almost unseparable in high school, but I still had never met little Mikey. Too bad for me she's moving from far away California to even farther away to Hawaii. Then again, maybe we can visit! Remember how earlier this week I mentioned that Parker wanted to pick Jason's lock. Well, today I came up from putting in a load of laundry and this is what I found. Parker's a pretty clever kid. Can you see why I have to lock Jason in for his naps?

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Hey Jen! How fun to reconnect after all these years! Your family is darling and you look amazing! Definitely an inspiration for me and my postpartum pounds. You guys are brave for heading out to the fair - looks like it was a blast!