Apparently I'm posting a lot today.Anyway, it seems that I've been scarred for life- or at least scared for life as far as bees, wasps, hornets, yellow jackets and the like a concerned. I have been stung six times in my life, mostly by bees. My first sting was as a five year old when I stepped on a bee in the grass. My worst was a wasp, I think. Anyway, my friend and I had been playing basketball in her back yard. The ball went in the bushes adn when I went to get it, the wasp stung my eyelid. I frantically took out my contact lens. Good thing, because after a few minutes my eye was so swollen I couldn't open it for days. I looked like I'd been in quite the fist fight. Luckily I'm not terribly allegic to bee stings, but all but one hurt like the dickens. My latest sting was over a decade ago, but still I get nervous around flying stinging things.
So, I guess we've got a swarm living above our garage. I saw a few, but couldn't see any hole where they could get in. I decided to spray the wasp/hornet spray anyway. Almost immediately wasps started flying out of what looked like a regular brick. I wanted to keep spraying, but didn't have the guts, so I high-tailed it into the house. I might try again later, but I think I'll get Brad to do it. I don't want him to get stung either, but I guess I'm a wimp.
2 comments:
Jen, You make me laugh. I know it's not really funny but you make it sound funny. I don't want Brad to get stung either but like you I made Dave get rid of a hornet's nest in our backyard. I made sure everybody and the dog was in the house first just in case.
Love you!
LOL, You are hysterical, but not alone. I hate bees,wasps and hornets as well. geeze, I hope I never have to do what you did. I laughed when you said " I high tailed it out of there". I was making a mental picture Ha Ha :)
Post a Comment