Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Family Search Indexing

So. I finally decided to try at my hand at indexing through FamilySearch. I've read about it serveral times in the Church magazines, but had never tried it.
I signed up today and have already finished 30 names. It's really easy to register and the only tricky part is decifering some of the handwriting. I'm really glad that they have multiple people indexing the same document to catch errors. Of course I do the best I can, but that gives me peace of mind when I can't be sure that I'm accurate.
I have some extended family that are really into genealogy. I enjoy reading about my ancestors lives, but I'm sad to admit that I haven't really done anything to contribute myself. Now I feel like I'm at least making an effort to help.
I think I'll enjoy doing more of this. I love that anyone can do it. Maybe you should try it too.

1 comment:

Sarajane said...

thanks, i'll have to check it out.

are you up for the splash pad friday?