Saturday, November 07, 2009

Running Tour

I decided to take the boys on a jogging tour of some of our neighborhood parks. I ran at least 5 mile-runs three times this week. Yay for me!
Anyway, on Monday we ran over to Harrisville Park. Parker has his own descriptions of each park, so I'll put those in quotes. This is "the park by the church."On Wednesday we ran over to Orion Park "the one with the bridge". They have regular swings too, but Parker prefers the baby ones because then I'll run under him and push him really high. Friday I decided to be more ambitious, so I ran up to a bunch of the Pleasant View parks. For those who don't live around here, that means elevation gains. Pushing 70 pounds of weight up steep hills in a Graco Duoglide non-jogging stroller equals a great workout for me!
Our first park was Shady Lane.
The boys were fascinated by the rooster that stopped by to check us out.
Next I pushed the boys up to Pleasant View Park. Parker loves "the green swing park."
After that we headed over to Henry Barker Jr. Park or "the fish park".
Lastly, we went to Lomond View Park "with the horses".
By the end Parker had no patience for pictures, hence the expression. There are still more parks within jogging distance, so we'll see if I am motivated enough to run there.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Jen it sounds like you guys had so much fun jogging to and through the parks. You are a great motivator, keep it up, we love you guys!

Jennifer said...

So fun, I wish that we lived closer to you, I would totally go with you all the time :)
Love you guys!

Megan said...

Go Jen!! You're impressive.