During sacrament meeting someone bearing their testimony said, "If Satan can't make you evil, he will make you busy." I'm afraid to even think about all of the good I could have accomplished I hadn't been "too busy". It's so easy to let your life get filled without saving time for the most important things.
Also during church yesterday we had a Relief Society lesson on visiting teaching. The two things that stick out the most in my mind are:
1- Visiting teaching isn't just something that we are doing, but it is the Lord's work. He want to help everyone of His daughters feel cared for and loved. He allows us to be instruments in His hands through visiting teaching.
2- Most of us have family members or close friends who are not active in the church or need a lot of support. We pray that they will have wonderful home and visiting teachers to strengthen them. Perhaps by being a good visiting teacher we are answering the prayers of others in behalf of those we teach.
I have a firm testimony of the importance of watching over everyone through home and visiting teaching. I have room for improvement and I am determined to be better. I love my companion and the sisters we visit. I'll try not to let myself get "too busy" to show them how much I and the Lord care for them.
No comments:
Post a Comment