Monday, April 26, 2010

Why God Made Moms (and Dads)

I got an email that had 2nd graders asking questions about "Why God Made Moms", so I asked Parker the same questions(plus some about fathers). Here are his resonses:

Why did God make mothers?
'cause people need mothers. Otherwise bad guys will get them, but some people don’t have mothers and they have to get their own food.

How did God make mothers?
He put bones in them.

What ingredients are mothers made of?
I don’t know.

Why did God give you your mother and not some other mom?
‘cause He knows I love her. I’m glad she’s my mommy. Some people don’t like their mommies, but I do. Why don’t some people like their mommies and they want a different one like you? Why?

What kind of little girl was your mom?
A kid.

What did your mom need to know about your dad before she married him?
That she loved him.

Why did your mom marry your dad?
'cause she loves him.

Who's the boss at your house?
Daddy’s the boss as long as Mommy’s okay with it.

What's the difference between moms and dads?
Daddies play and Mommies play. Mommy does the laundry and Dad goes to work.

What does your mom do in her spare time?
What spare time?

What would it take to make your mom perfect?
She needs more food and more laughing.

If you could change one thing about your mom, what would it be?
I don’t want to change anything about my mommy. I love her and don’t want to change her.

Why did God make fathers?
‘cause God’s nice.

How did God make fathers?
Put ingredients.

What ingredients are fathers made of?
Salt . . ., bones and muscles.

Why did God give you your dad and not some other dad?
‘cause our Daddy loves us.

What kind of little boy was your dad?
Like me.

What did your dad need to know about your mom before he married her?
He loved mommy.

Why did your dad marry your mom?
He loves Mommy. Kisses (giggling) . . . he loved Mommy.

What does your dad do in his spare time?
Go to work.

What would it take to make your dad perfect?
Tickling him.

If you could change one thing about your dad, what would it be?
I don’t know. I love him and don’t want to change him, ‘cause that would make him worse.

Does your mom and dad like being your parents?
They love it!

I was pretty impressed with Parker's answers. The "Who's the boss?" question is kind of a standing joke at our house, but apparently he's pays attention, because he repeated it exactly. All of the others are just whatever he said.

I'm glad he likes us, because we're pretty attached to him as well!

2 comments:

Tobi said...

That was too cute. Thanks for sharing.

Jackie said...

My Dad sent this to me today too! I laughed so hard! Love it!