Friday, May 28, 2010

I Love to See the Temple: An "Interior Tour"

The Salt Lake Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons) is a recognizable landmark to anyone familiar with Utah, but many have never been inside. At temple square there is a new exhibit in the South Visitor's Center on Temple Square that features a scaled down model of the temple with two walls open so that you can see all of the rooms.
Brad and I were married in the Salt Lake Temple and I have been inside many times, but there are some rooms I have never seen. In the model they have included all of the furniture and decorations so that it looks exactly like the real thing. Here is a link to KSL News video about it and you can see pictures and a video of it here.

Video Courtesy of KSL.com

I love attending the temple. I feel such peace and joy every time I am near and especially when I go inside. If you'd like to learn more you can click on the links to see more photos of the outside of the Salt lake Temple or the other 152 LDS temples. Here is a video clip if you want to understand why the LDS Church builds temples.

3 comments:

Sarajane said...

i am going to have to go for sure- where is this?

Tobi said...

That is so awesome! I want to take my kids downtown to see it.

cfernelius said...

That is so cool!!! I'm gonna take my kids there this week!