Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day!

I had a marvelous Mother's Day! Brad didn't have any church meetings, so he was home on Sunday morning! That itself is a rare treat and I loved it! He made a delicious breakfast and got the kids ready. It was a wonderful start to the day!

In church that morning Parker went up front and sang with the Primary kids. I LOVED IT! I was worried he'd get stage fright, but he sang his little heart out for most of the songs! Jason also went to nursery for the first time. He walked in, saw the toys and didn't look back. The Priesthood men and youth took over the Primary too, so I could just enjoy Sunday School and Relief Society. It was so nice to not have to entertain little Jason and just enjoy the lessons. Parker enjoyed having Mallory, one of the girls that babysits for us, helping out in his Sunbeams class. Afterwards we went to pick up Jason and he had fallen asleep during nursery! What a funny kid!

Brad got home shortly after church too! Hooray! We had lunch and I got some presents from my boys! Then we took a walk and enjoyed the beautiful weather.

That afternoon we headed down to my parents for a wonderful time. Here's a shot of the boys with my wonderful mom.On Saturday we were able to visit with Brad's parents. I seriously have the best mother-in-law ever!The boys are super-lucky because they have all four of their great grandmothers alive and living nearby. We were able to visit all of them except Brad's grandma in Springville. We'll be heading down there next weekend. On Saturday we visited with Grandma and Grandpa Carlson. We sure love them! On Sunday we went to both my grandmas. Here is my amazing Grandma Ipson!We visited with my Grandma Cannon as well, but unfortunately I forgot to pull out the camera, so a picture from last year will have to suffice. You can see how much the boys have grown, particularly Jas! I hope to be just like her someday!I had a fantastic Mother's Day! Most of all I am so grateful for my little family! My husband and little boys have given me the opportunity to be a mother and I absolutely love it! I can't wait to also be the mother of a little girl this fall! I definitely feel like the luckiest woman in the world! (I hope that you feel just as lucky too!)

1 comment:

cfernelius said...

Great post! You're so good to take pictures like that - you'll always treasure those and so will your children. Congratulations on the soon-to-be baby girl!