Normally I wouldn't characterize myself as particularly Martha Stewart-like. Yes, I enjoy cooking and do it pretty much every day, but in other areas, not so much. Part of it is that I have no sewing or crafty tools. I don't have a sewing machine or serger. I don't have a Cricut or even a paper cutter. I can hem pants and replace buttons with my needle and thread. Occasionally I'll go to my mom's house and do a project (like the hooded towels I gave the boys for Easter), but that's about it. In the last few weeks I've been doing some crafty creating. My finished projects aren't perfect, but I'm enjoying myself.
I had painted Jason's letters to match his crib bedding before, but wanted to change them. I did my first Mod Podge project and am pleased with the way they turned out. Alss, see the great chest of drawers in the photo. We bought it so Jason could move completely out of the nursery. Anyway, it's made by Sauder, which means not too expensive, but ten trillion parts that takes hours to assemble. I did it and we're very pleased with it. My favorite feature is that only one drawer can open at a time, which is a great safety feature. The added bonus is that I can prop the top drawer open and then Jason can't empty out all the drawers. That is something he would far rather do than take naps.
Parker's old letters were a little bit smaller, but I wanted to get bigger ones to match Jason's. I decided to get a little more complicated with his. Here is the finished project (although I need to make sure they're all hanging straight).
Lastly, I've been making lots of embellishments for headbands. I've made them with alligator clips so they can attach to any band and later to elastics or clips. Here are some of the ones I've done so far.
3 comments:
Everything looks darling! Way to go Jen:)
Wow! You are dang domestic in my book. How cute are those letters?! How are you feeling baby mama? :) Thanks again for the sweet email. Love ya.
I'm jealous of your tomato harvest. All four of my plants are looking pretty sad and I'm pretty sure my Pink Brandywine heirloom is completely dead.
Where did you get alligator clips? I haven't been able to find them anywhere.
I hope you're still feeling crafty in November because we're probably doing a Super Saturday this year.
Post a Comment