Parker had a tough lesson on honesty and repentance over the last couple days.
Yesterday morning I found a bunch of plastic size rings in a pile by his bed. We had gone to the store the day before and I'd seen those all over the floor there. Apparently so had Parker. We had a little discussion about ownership and how if you take something without asking or paying for it, it is called stealing. I told him we'd be returning to the store so that he could return them and apologize. He also had a little chat with Daddy. Parker absolutely hates disappointing his dad, so he was in tears as he explained what he had done. Because this was a first offense (we hope), returning the items and apologizing was the extent of his consequences. He was very nervous to go back into the store, but was brave and apologized very well. Afterwards I asked him how he felt. He said he was "very happy". It was an opportunity to help him recognize the Holy Ghost and the peace that comes when we choose the right. I am so proud of Parker for how well he corrected his mistakes. Hopefully we can all strive for that "very happy" feeling.
2 comments:
Way to go, mom! It is so hard when they have to learn the hard lessons. Hopefully that will be the last time you have to do that one!
Oh He is such a cute little boy! He learned a great lesson! Kiss him for me!
Post a Comment