"You may have tangible wealth untold:
Caskets of jewels and coffers of gold.
Richer than I you can never be–
I had a Mother who read to me."
from “The Reading Mother” by Strickland Gillilan
Anyone who knows me well, knows that I love children's books. I have collected several shelves worth and my children and I all enjoy reading them together. If I tried to make a list of all my favorites, I'd have hundreds at least. That said, I will tell you about a few of our favorites. Parker LOVES this book. Graeme Base is an unbelievable artist. Inside every photo there are at least a dozen animals hidden in the artwork. If you haven't seen it, you'll have to check it out.

These are our favorite board books:

My mom introduced this book to me. There is something endearing about the idea of a baby that small.

I was a teacher for several years. I was introduced to many good books during that time, but here a few great ones.

Of course you can't go wrong with a Caldecott winner:

My parents read me many books as a child. Most of them are classics, like these.
Here are few that they read that you may or may not be familiar with.
Here are few that they read that you may or may not be familiar with.
This is one we check out from the library about every other month.

What are some of your favorite children's books?
No comments:
Post a Comment