Unfortunately I didn't take hardly any pictures at the Christmas party at my Grandma Cannon's, but I do have a few. We had an amazing dinner, as always. I'll definitely have to get the recipe! The party was for my dad's side of the family. Liesel and Jason wore the elf jammies at the end. They weren't very cooperative for photos, but we got a few impromptu keepers, like this one of Jason smooching Liesel.
Liesel was rather upset about the hat and kept trying to take it off.
I was trying to get them to smile for the photo, but it wasn't working.
Here are a few shots from the talent portion. Here are five of my cousins reciting "It Couldn't Be Done" by Edgar Guest.
My Dad's cousin's husband, Ed, played the accordian.
There were other musical numbers and poetry recitations. Jason and Parker performed too. Jason mumbled "Jingle Bells" and Parker shyly sang "I'm Getting Nuttin' for Christmas". They were both adorable. My sister Angie had memorized, "The Foolish Fir Tree" by Henry Van Dyke. It's quite long, but very good. She has an impressive memory.
We finished off the night by passing out sheet music to Handel's Hallelujah chorus and singing along with the CD. What a wonderful tradition!
No comments:
Post a Comment