When I loaded all of the photos for this post, they went on chronologically backwards, so I'm just going with it. We ended the night with the kids in their elf jammies.
Liesel showing Ben what a pro she is on the ipad.
My parents gave Liesel this musical push toy.
Parker will be looking studly at church!
Letter and puzzle combo is perfect for Jason!
We had an amazing dessert, peppermint icecream cookie/cake with whip cream and a peppermint Andes. Yum!
Peter read the Christmas story out of the Bible for us.
As part of out talent show, Angie, Suzie, Mom and I sang an impromptu "Away in a Manger". Suzie also favored us with a recitation of "The Boy Who Laughed at Santa Claus" by Ogden Nash. It's a favorite poem of ours every Christmas!
Liesel wanted to join in when Ben was playing the piano.
Jason being a good brother to Liesel Bugs.
Pete playing "Silent Night" on the recorder.
I LOVE these red shoes. It makes me want to buy a pair myself!
Parks performing "Nuttin' for Christmas"
Jason singing "Jingle Bells". He needs a bit of stage presence coaching, ha, ha!
I don't own a piano and rarely get the chance to practice, but a few of the Reader's Digest Christmas songs come right back every season. "Sleigh Ride" is classic!
Here are Grandpa and Jason just before dinner...well, it seems Jason sneaked some Jell-O early.
Ben, Parker and Pete before our dinner of ham with grape and mustard sauce, "funeral potatoes", etc.
Prior to being at my parents', we'd been at Brad's parents. Here is Janelle and Liesel.
My beautiful sister-in-laws and I.
Parker playing with a T-Rex inside Isabelle's doll house, ha, ha! What a boy!
Liesel trying to steal a ride on Will's new toy.
Kade enjoying one of the lumps of goal we gave out. Black-dyed Rice Krispie treats and these were the treats we delivered to friends and family this year.
Parker got this cool marble racer.
Liesel enjoying Will's gift again.
My in-laws gave Bellsie and Jada these unbelievable doll houses!
They gave Brad and I 17 Miracles, "The Living Christ" with a homemade Christ photo matte and a calendar that has paintings of the Savior and has "The Living Christ" declaration divided up so that there is a paragraph or two each month. As an extended family we're going to try to memorize it all by the end of the year. I've already learned this month's part, but I'm still teaching it to the boys.
Liesel really did get her own gift. She loves her animal train!
Isaac and Jason got these Dinosaur Train dinosaurs that roar and talk to each other.
Jason opening his dinosaurs.
Grandpa Pratt reading the Nativity from the Bible.
Brad chillin' with his sister Janelle.
Earlier in the day we had been at Grandpa Carlson and GGs for the annual Finnan Haddie meal. Normally it's a Christmas brunch, but this year it was a Christmas Eve lunch. The Finnan Haddie is actually smoked cod. Brad loves it! My favorite part of the meal is the grapefruit slush! I could eat that by the gallon, I love it so much!
Liesel snuggling her new dolly.
She is such a cutsie girl!
Ava, Aurora and Liesel are all within four months of each other.
Parker, Grandpa and Belle
Doug, Aurora, Alicia, Jake and Christian
Jason with run to do anything you tell him not to. I told him he'd better not kiss Grandpa!
Liesel opening her new doll. Jason got a Lightning McQueen car and Parker got an Etch-A-Sketch.
Adam, Isaac and Isabelle
I love spending so much time with family over the holidays!





1 comment:
Two comments...Jason's "Jingle Bells" picture and his Jell-o picture are both excellent examples of that cute, funny kid. Second, I need to live in that doll house.
Post a Comment