I really enjoy trying to learn new things. There are several things that I haven't really known how to do, but I try it and find I enjoy it. It takes practice, but gradually I get I little better until I feel like I begin know what I'm doing. Gardening, cooking, sewing, triathlon training and now painting are examples of these. At WalMart I picked up some inexpensive acrylic supplies and for Saturday date night we painted pictures. I decided to paint one that would match in Jason's sailboat themed room. It's kind of weird to have an unmanned boat in the middle of the ocean, but I didn't want to attempt a person.
Brad lost interest pretty quickly, but he created this waterfall in less than twenty minutes. He was kind enough to make pina coladas and chat with me for another couple hours though:)
My Grandma Ipson is an artist and I have painted with her a couple of times, but the last time was over eight years ago. I didn't really know what I was doing, so I watched a couple of YouTube videos and then just experimented. It took me almost three hours, but I'm pleased with the results and will surely be painting more in the future.
(This front view only gives you a small taste of my nearly six-month pregnant glory.)
(This front view only gives you a small taste of my nearly six-month pregnant glory.)
Another one of my learning by trying is making jam. A couple years ago I made my first freezer jam. I've already made some strawberry, but decided to try new flavors. This week I made strawberry-orange marmalade and strawberry peach jam. Yum!
No comments:
Post a Comment