In June Brad and I had our eighth wedding anniversary. It landed on the weekend before his week-long Scout camp, so Brad asked if we could celebrate a few weeks late. I had seen an idea on pinterest where they gave their spouse a small gift every hour. I decided to modify it and give him a little something every day for eight days. Since our anniversary was on a Friday, he opened three before leaving and the other five while at camp.
I know it seems weird to give Gatorades, candy and beef jerky as an anniversary gift, but Brad loves that stuff and it's stuff he could enjoy at camp. I also included a little note or coupon to go with each day.

A couple weeks later we celebrated together. Brad had originally thought of an idea down in Salt Lake, but had to plan something else since he had a softball game. I took the kids down to Brad's parents' for the night. When Brad arrived home from work he had picked up Olive Garden take-out. He spread out a blanket in the living room and we enjoyed a delicious dinner and then watched our wedding video. Then we went to his softball game. It was kind of nice to watch without having to keep an eye on all of our crazy kids!
The next morning we ate a good breakfast and then went on a little hike on Birdsong Trail. There is a little bench halfway that faces a tiny waterfall. We sat there and talked before heading to pick up our kids.
I am so happy to be married to Brad!
1 comment:
Brad is such a gem. I'm so glad he's part of our family. We love you, Brad!
Post a Comment