My friend who is a nurse at another hospital said they have a term for "pretermers" with placenta previa: "ticking time bombs". I feel like a ticking time bomb. Most of the eighteen days I've been here it's been kind of boring lying around in the hospital all day every day. That said, always in the back of my mind, I'm anxious that I'll start gushing blood. I know that here in the hospital I'd be taken care of, but it's still disconcerting. I've bled a little off and on and quite a bit twice, so I know it could happen.

Yesterday I went to the perinatologist (specialist for high-risk pregnancies) again. He looked at my ultrasounds and said that since we made it to 35 weeks (today), if I bleed a lot, they'll just deliver the baby, rather than try to stop it. If I make it until then, they'll plan the c-section sometime between 36-37 weeks. Obviously later is better for the baby's development, but they really want to avoid a potential blood transfusion for me, so that might push it up sooner.
Only time will tell if the planned delivery comes before the "bomb explodes" into an emergency.
We feel so blessed to get to 35 weeks. I know all the prayers from family and friends are helping. I hope not to experience another threat of hemorrhage, but either way we're happy to make it this far.
1 comment:
I hope everything will be well with you. I have thought a lot about you lately. I would feel so alone. I am glad you have support of family. I hope your baby will be fine. Isn't modern medicine the greatest. So glad you are being taken care of. You make the cutest kids so I am glad she is still healthy and growing.
Post a Comment