Brad never really wants to dress up for Halloween, but this year he decided he'd like to be a Jedi. I thought I'd seize the opportunity to do a family theme and luckily the kids were on board. Here we are as R2D2, an Ewok, a Jedi, Yoda, Princess Leia and Darth Maul at our ward Halloween party.
I made the costumes myself for the most part. It was actually really fun and gave me a little more confidence in my sewing abilities.
Our first chance to wear our costumes was to our ward party. We loved the soup and games and received lots of compliments on our costumes!
Originally I didn't have a photo of Brad, but here is the rest of us.
We hosted a little Halloween party with Brad's family. I made some really fun Halloween food. We also had ghost pizzas, but I neglected to take a photo.
Jackie played a fun Bingo game with the kids.
Here are all of the kids and Brad in their costumes. We with Jen, Eric, Adam, Will and Jada lived closer so they could have come too! (Jason-R2D2, Parker-Darth Maul, Isabelle-Dorothy, Liesel-Yoda, Isaac-Iron Man, Kade-dead army guy, Elise-Ewok and Brad-Jedi)
My sister Julie and her family came to town the weekend before Halloween, so we had a little Halloween/October Birthday party. Here are the mummy hotdogs and tombstone graveyard chip dip!
Decorating cookies or cupcakes.
It's blurry, but Jason and Dylan were dressed almost the same.
Julie crocheted two adorable hats for Elise. They're too cute!
Here are all the kids, Angie, Grandma and Grandpa in their costumes. (Heidi-She-Ra, Angie-swan on a lake, Liesel-Yoda, Grandma-Revolutionary War-era woman, Elise-Ewok, Alison-peacock, Dylan-banana, Grandpa-Greek fisherman, Brandon-monster, Jason-R2D2 and Parker-Darth Maul)
On Halloween morning we went to Parker's school to watch the parade. Since R2D2 isn't a great costume for sitting, I let him pick out another.
Parker in the school parade.
My cute Cinderella and Train Conductor!
In the afternoon we went to Brad's work party. I didn't take any photos, but we enjoyed chili, candy, playing some games and showing off our costumes. In the evening we went trick or treating!
The kids got tons of candy! Liesel kept trying to eat each piece she got, ha, ha! The lightsabers I made from Walmart dollar Halloween things turned out so awesome!
Happy Halloween!






No comments:
Post a Comment