My energetic Jasey turned four years old today! He has been asking for a superhero party for at least eight months, so last Saturday he got his wish!
I had made capes and masks for all of the kids (mine and their cousins).
The first game was to find all of the Kryptonite and put it in a lead box using tongs. Once it was there we'd be free to be superheroes!
Here is Brandon guarding the Kryptonite.
Next we practiced web-making.
Then we put on a handkerchief and beanbag spider and the kids had to jump around until it fell off. I wish I had it on video, it was pretty funny. They wanted to bounce off the spider multiple times, ha, ha!
Next they bowled down the bad guys.
The villains met their demise over and over again.
Next we played Mr. Freeze. The kids danced to superhero theme songs. Whenever it stopped, they had to freeze. Parker and Liesel really got into it!
I was just about to hand out some candy when a villain stole it from me, ahhh! The kids chased him down. Every time they got close, he'd throw them some candy so they'd let him go. It was a moving piñata, ha, ha! (My brother Pete deserves a shout out for being such a good sport!)
Here are the kids, and the villain, in their super attire.
Here's a back view of most of them:
Jason's grandparents aunts and uncles had the choice to come early and watch the superheroes or just come for the presents and dessert. We also did our tradition of everyone saying their favorite things about the birthday boy!
Here is a close-up of the different cupcakes. There was red velvet or Funfetti, both with cream cheese frosting.
Everyone was so generous with Jason. We are so lucky!
Jason has enjoyed every single one of his gifts! He and his siblings have played with all of them multiple times. This is what I made him. He likes the Captain America Frisbee shield best!
We ended the party singing "Happy Birthday" and enjoying the ice cream and cupcakes.
Oh, how I love this crazy boy of ours!
No comments:
Post a Comment