Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Birthdays - one real and one pretend!

We went to Gardner Historic Village last Saturday with our friends the Pattersons. Parker was very excited to see the witches and pumpkins. He has begun to understand the difference between real and pretend, so he wasn't afraid of the decorations at all. Of course he would hardly look at the camera, so we couldn't get very man cute photos. He and his friend Austin had a great time running around.
We got a pretty good family photo, but of course I look the nearly eight months pregnant that I am. I'm hoping that it's less than six weeks to go - good luck with that!
We also took pictures of the Pratt grandchildren in their Halloween costumes this weekend. It's just about impossible to get four kids, all two and under to look at the camera and look happy at the same time, but we did the best we could and photoshopped to help out. They actually turned out pretty cute.
The kids are all so cute in their costumes. In case you can't tell, Adam is Squirt (the little turtle in Finding Nemo), Isabelle is Belle (the Beauty and the Beast princess), Isaac is a pea pod and Parker is a kangaroo.
Happy Birthday to me! I turn 30 today-crazy! It's actually not too shocking. I've known it was coming and several of my friends beat me to it. I hope that it will be the start of another great decade.
Parker loves doing "heavy hang-over" for the gifts. He'll randomly say parts of the chant and then bump me on the head with his toys.
The last couple weeks he has started going to bed without too much of a fight. He will get into bed to play with pretend toys. I'll give his pretend Duplos so that he can build a really tall castle or he'll get some pretend Dinosaur and Baby books to read in bed. It has been the GREATEST thing. He actually jump into bed because he's excited about the imaginary toys. The other day I asked him what toy he wanted. He said a birthday. He wanted "babboons (balloons), candles and birthday cake". He is very creative and good at pretending.

No comments: