I've been trying to get a better picture of Parker with his glasses. He's in a phase where he either won't look at the camera, or he looks up and smiles while scrunching up his face, so all I can see is his chin. The lighting isn't too great with this picture, but at least he has a great smile. We snapped this photo outside of Brad's work.
We made sugar cookies on Friday night.
They make such a mess, I am disinclined to make them often, but it's fun to do every once in while. Parker had a great time helping me make the cookies and frost the cookies.
He also loved eating them. We certainly wouldn't win any cookie decorating contests, but they were really good!
They make such a mess, I am disinclined to make them often, but it's fun to do every once in while. Parker had a great time helping me make the cookies and frost the cookies.
He also loved eating them. We certainly wouldn't win any cookie decorating contests, but they were really good!
On Saturday we watched the morning session of the LDS General Conference at our house and then went to Brad's parent's house to watch the afternoon session. After conference we had Girls' Night Out.
We went to the Spaghetti Factory, which has become quite a tradition. Parker and his cousins Adam and Isaac were the only males in the party.
We went to the Spaghetti Factory, which has become quite a tradition. Parker and his cousins Adam and Isaac were the only males in the party.Here are some pictures of Parker with me, his Grandma Pratt and cousin Isabelle, and one with GG (his Great Grandma Carlson).
These other photos are of Adam and Isabelle. Unfortunately I didn't get a good picture of Isaac this time.



We had a great time visiting and eating.
Later on some of us went over to Brad's sister Jenny's house and we played games.
Later on some of us went over to Brad's sister Jenny's house and we played games.While we were having a Girls' Night Out, the boys were having one of there own. Brad went out to dinner with his dad and then they went to the Priesthood session of General Conference. Afterwards they also came over to Jenny's.
I'm not really sure how it happened, but somehow Parker scraped his head on Saturday night. It isn't in the center of his forehead, nor is it lightening-shaped, but with Parker's new glasses, it gives him a little bit of a Harry Potteresque quality.

Well, we've had a busy week. Parker has been transitioning to his new glasses fairly well. I had fears that he might take them off and throw them on the tile, but so far, he hasn't ever thrown them. He has frequently told me that he doesn't like glasses and even tried to convince me that I don't want him to have glasses, but a few reminders of all of the awesome people in his life who wear glasses sometimes works. If not, he knows that we only take them off for naps. If he doesn't want to wear them, it must be because he is ready for a nap. That psycology nearly always works. Anyway, he has had them for a week and I think he's starting to get used to them. Hopefully we won't have daily convincing to do for that much longer.

No comments:
Post a Comment