Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Easy Recipes

Most of you are like me and love a delicious recipe, especially if it is quick and easy. Here are a few recipes I have gathered that are favorites at our house:

SAVE AND FREEZE RECIPES Ever have a busy day and want to come home to a great home cooked meal, without having to do that home cooking? Ever have a recipe that makes a huge 9x13 pan of food and there is only 2 or 3 eating? That is why I use these Save and Freeze meals. I just buy the foil pans in 8x8 or the loaf pans and put the ingredients into 2 or 3 pans. Then I cover them with foil, label them with the dish, date and baking instructions. Then I put the extra(s) in the freezer. The night before we want to eat it, I just put it in the fridge to thaw.

Manicotti 1 pkg. manicotti (do not cook first) 1 1 lb. 10 oz. jar pasta sauce (I prefer Prego w/ mushrooms) 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes

Mix together: 1/4 c. parmesan cheese 2 c. mozzarella cheese, grated 1 15 oz. pkg. ricotta cheese 2 eggs 2 T. parsley 1 t. Italian Seasoning 1 t. basil 1/2 t. salt

Use a small spoon or pastry bag to stuff mixture into manicotti shells. Place in a single layer in 9x13 pan (or 2 8x8 pans). Pour tomatoes and sauce over stuffed pasta. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.

Chicken Tortilla Casserole 1 can cream of chicken soup 1 can cream of mushroom soup 1/2 c. chopped onion 1 4 oz. can chopped green chiles 2 cups sour cream 10 corn tortillas (the small size) 3 cups chopped chicken 2 cups shredded fiesta or Mexican blend cheese

Combine: soups, onion, chiles, sour cream, chicken and cheese. Cut tortillas in fourths. Layer: 1/2 tortillas, half chicken and cheese mixture and repeat. Cover with foil and bake 50 minutes at 350 degrees. Uncover (top with more cheese if desired) and bake a additional 10 minutes.

I also save and freeze things like enchilladas and lasagna. The save and freeze saves me a ton of time by letting me make two or three meals at a time.

CROCKPOT RECIPES The crockpot is awesome! It's nice to put something in and then forget about it for the day.

Cream Cheese Chicken 1 lb. chicken breasts or tenders 1 pkg. Good Seasons Italian dressing mix 1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese 2 10 3/4 oz. cans cream of chicken soup

Place chicken in crockpot. Pour dressing mix on top. Bake on low for 5-6 hours. Put cream cheese in crockpot and stir until creamy. (This stirring shreds the chicken.) Stir in the soup. Serve over rice.

Slow-Cooker Barbeque Chicken 1 lb. chicken breasts or tenders 2 10 3/4 oz. cans tomato soup 3/4 c. onion, chopped 1/4 c. white vinegar 3 T. brown sugar 1 T. Worcestershire sauce 1/2 t. salt 1/4 t. basil

Place chicken in crockpot. Combine all remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. Cover. Cook on low 6-8 hours.

I hope that someone else can benefit from these recipes. If any of you have favorite recipes, please share, even if they aren't quick or easy.

No comments: