Friday, January 09, 2009

Giddy with excitement!


Kids are awesome! Parker becomes beside himself with glee several times a day. This five second video clip is of the fiftieth or so time he made the train go. He was just as thrilled then as the very first time. I was certainly excited recently about Baby Jason, but it would be nice to be more like my two year-old.
Last night Brad was playing catch with Parker. Parker would get so excited every time the ball came to him, whether he caught it or it smacked him in the face. Can I say it again? Kids are awesome!
Another thing that is pretty cool, is that Parker thinks I am hilarious. I wish I was a little more witty, but it's pretty rare when I have a really clever joke. Parker laughs at my humor every day. It's nice to have a fan.
I love that Parker is without guile or pride. When he was playing catch, he isn't embarrassed when he misses the ball. He isn't judgemental either. He is equally likely to tell me I look like a princess whether I have done my hair or not.
We can sure learn a lot from little kids. We could all stand to be a little less self-conscious and a little more unconditionally loving. The world would certainly be a much better (and more fun) place if we were happy as easily and laughed as readily as a two year old.

1 comment:

lys said...

He is a darling little boy! Growing up so fast!