Thursday, March 19, 2009

Parker is a clever kid

Parker is always saying and doing funny things. I try to remember to write down his funny sayings and their posted in our sidebar, but since I know that some of my few readers use Google Reader and don't read sidebars, I'd include them in a post.

"For they love me!" The morning of Parker's birthday party I told him everyone we would see that day. I asked, "What are they going to Grandma's for?" I imagined he'd say for my party, but this is what he said instead. 3/09

"They are a little like spiders too." Parker hadn't wanted to try the dried peaches in his peaches 'n cream oatmeal. I told him they were kind of like little peices of candy. He tried them and said they were "a little like candy" and "a little like spiders too." I disagreed, but he said, "See, they are small like spiders." Well, I guess they are very much like spiders in their size. Funny kid! 3/09

"One, two three, wake up, Daddy!" He has us "wake him up" periodically (a trick he learned from The Wiggles). Anyway, we were sitting in sacrament meeting and Parker apparently thought Brad had fallen asleep during the sacrament prayer, because one second after the priest said, amen, this is what he said in a clear, loud voice. 3/09

"We're little buddies!" Randomly he came up, gave me (Mommy) a tight hug and that is what he said. 3/09

Parker: "That sign is like me," as he pointed to a sign that read, "RESERVED HANDICAPPED PARKING ONLY". Mommy: "How is that like you?" Parker: "It says P-A-R-K." How he became so smart, I'll never know. 2/09

"I'm doing the actions!" During family night we were singing I Love to See the Temple. He kept running around the room and then banging on the floor as if they were drums. I asked him to sing the song with us and this was his response. 2/09

"Yes I'm do, this kind (puckering his lips) and the brown kind." I asked Parker if he liked kisses. I don't know why he says I'm, instead of I, but he does frequently. 2/09

"We can pray." I had been talking to Parker about the many advantages of potty training. He had been complaining of a sore bottom and I had just told him that if he went in the potty instead of the diaper his bottom wouldn't be sore. After this conversation I asked, "So how can we help your bottom feel better?" That was his reply. Good answer. 2/09

"Jason is Sugar Pie; I'm Honey Buns." He got those names from one of his favorite songs (I Can't Help Myself by The Four Tops). 2/09

"I want [Jesus] to come to my house and play today!" In the back of the February Ensign is a painting of Jesus at about four years old. I showed Parker the picture and we talked about what a nice child Christ must have been. This is what he said. I explained that Jesus had grown up, but that he could see us in our home. 2/09

"I've been in my room a long time ago. It's time to come out!" He had been in his room for two minutes, but didn't want to take his nap. 2/09

"I'm nervous." "Why? Mom asked. "Because I'm going to eat Daddy up?" I'm sure he doesn't know what nervous means, but I'd be nervous about eating my dad. 2/09

(Squeal of laughter)"I am a funny kid!" We were driving in the car and all of a sudden I heard Parker laugh and say this. I asked why he said that, but he offered no further explanation. 2/09

"Somebody is funny. It's you Mommy!" Parker is about the only person who thinks I am hilarious. It's nice to have a fan. 1/09

"Are you round, Daddy?" Parker was pointing out squares. Brad joked about not being a square. This was Parkers reply. 1/09

"Let's think for a minute." Brad asked what they should think about. "Let's think about 'B'," Parker answered thoughtfully. 12/08

"I want chapstick for breakfast." 12/08

"Daddy, did you go down the alligator?" He was asking about the elevator, but mispronounced it. 11/08

"This is weirdness," he said while pointing to a piece of lint on his pants. 11/08

"I'm almost strong." Parker's a good eater, but I had said that he needed to finish his Cheerios so that he could grow strong. When he was nearly finished, this is what he said. 11/08

"Who painted the trees, Mommy?" We were looking at the fall leaves and this was his question. 10/08

"Push the button so that the baby can come out now." I don't know where he got the idea that there is a button involved. He is sure getting excited for his baby brother though. 10/08

"This is my Honey Buns!" Parker said this while holding up his stuffed Koala. We had listened to the Four Tops song "Sugar Pie, Honey Buns." I hadn't explained anything about what it meant, but apparently he remembered the phrase. 10/08

"But Mommy, I need your assistance." How can I say no to that? Once or twice when he was whining, I told him he shouldn't and instead should say that he needs assistance. Apparently he was listening. 10/08

"The sun went down the drain." He was getting ready for bed and said this to me. I told him it just went behind the mountain to shine somewhere else, but he thought the sun going down the drain was funnier, so he repeats it on occasion. 10/08

"We don't think so, but maybe. If they have green, we'll get them, but we don't think so." I needed to buy a tole painting brush and he wanted me to get green. I told him I thought that they only came in tan and black and this is how he responded. 10/08

"The animals came back! Yay!!!" Parker loves reading The Water Hole by Graeme Base. Every time we get to the last page he squeals with delight and yells this. 10/08

"The noodles make me so sad. They're all gone and it makes me sad." Parker said this when the main dish of pasta was gone, but he still had some in his bowl, which he didn't even want to finish. 9/08

"Go, Sweetheart." Parker likes to watch for the traffic lights. When they are red he knows to stop and when they turn green he says, "Yay! Go!" I was turning left, so I didn't immediately go when they light changed to green. This is what he said to me. Brad and I rarely say Sweetheart, so maybe he heard it from his grandparents. 9/08

"I'm going to kiss your face off!" Parker has obviously been listening to his Aunt Jackie. She says that to him all the time and then proceeds to kiss his cheeks. He kissed my cheek and then said that to me. 9/08

"Look at my stamp. It's my Isaiah circle stamp." Parker had been bitten in nursery by his friend Isaiah and had a perfect set of red teeth marks on his hand. Later that day he turned to me and said that. I'm glad that he didn't seem to upset about his injury. 9/08

"I like this pasta and patini. Thanks for a nice dinner, Hon." I had made pasta shells and zucchini for lunch, which he likes. He has obviously been listening to his Daddy, because he doesn't usually call me Hon, or refer to lunch as dinner.9/08

"I help put the dishes away. I make Momma so happy." This is another one that is cute, rather than funny. I love that he is understanding the connection between helping others and making them happy. 9/08

"Mommy, we should go to the store." Parker said one morning. I told him we didn't need to go to the store. "We should go to the ball store," he responded. 8/08

"Cookie", "Ice Cream", "Nephi" and "Shnook" (rhymes with Luke) are Parker's suggestions for naming his baby brother. At least one is a name. 8/08

"Bobbom", "hot-air babboon", "bassert", "swimming cool", "batainer", "baputer" and "hi, ober there", are some of the phrases Parker mispronounces. He speaks so clearly most of the time, but apparently he really likes his /b/ sound. He can't say his /l/ sound, so balloon can't be said properly, but bottom, dessert, container/retainer, computer and over seem to be his preference. I think he thinks swimming is cool, so it's logical to call it cool. He sure sounds cute when he talks. 8/08

"Daddy and Mommy, I don't love you now. I'll love you later. Later, okay?" I often tell Parker he can't do something now, but maybe later. Apparently he has started using the same phrases. 8/08

"Bellsie-Belle! (hysterical laughter) I call Bellsie Bellsie-Belle! (more hysterical laughter)" I came into his room and he said this to me between fits of laughter. I asked, "If Isabelle is Bellsie-Belle, then what do you call Adam?" "Adam-dong," he answered without a moments hesitation. 8/08

"Good job Parker. Good job at seeing the waterfall." We were driving through the canyon and passed a waterfall. I told Parker to look out his window so that he could see it. After we drove past, I asked him if he's seen it and this is how he replied. 8/08

"Oh bummer. Bummer, bummer, bummer." When we were up at Bear Lake the last day, we were leaving early, so we set an alarm. Brad looked at the clock and said, "Oh bummer, we've only got a minute left to sleep. Then we heard this little echo coming from Parker. 8/08

"Come on GG! Come swing! She should run." Parker was swinging up at Bear Lake and saw Grandma Carlson coming. She had heart surgery a year ago and needs to be careful not to overexert herself. Parker wanted her to swing and told us she should run so she could get to the swings faster. 8/08

Wise Man:"Baby Jesus, let me take you on a walk. You can come play at my house or go to my Daddy's work." Parker was playing with a felt nativity scene and one of the wise men said this to the baby Jesus. 8/08

"Mommy, you look pretty like a princess." That is darling, rather than funny, but I absolutely love it. If I would have thought to teach that phrase to him, I might have, but it didn't occur to me. I just asked him if I looked nice and he said that. He got a pretty good response, so hopefully he'll keep being so charming.8/08

"Parker's toes free, Parker's jammies free, Parker's arms free!" I had asked him if he wanted me to pull the sheet up when I was tucking him in for bed. As he said each part, he wiggled his toes, kicked his legs in the air and flailed his arms around respectively. 7/08

"No Parker be so nice." He said this when he didn't want to share any of his fruit roll-up. 7/08

"Here is my noggin." Parker said this pointing right between his eyes. I told him that he's right, his head is his noggin. He assured me that it's the specific space between your eyes. 7/08

"Kick Mommy's chair? . . . No too far." Once when we were driving in the car, Parker started kicking the back of Brad's seat while he was driving. We asked him to stop and this is what he said. He was hoping to kick the passenger seat instead. 7/08

"Gesundheit", "Caldecott" It's not really that these words are funny. He has heard us use these words on many occasions. It's just so cute that he pronounces such big words so perfectly and uses them in exaclty the right way.7/08

"That's Awesome!!!" The phrase isn't that hilarious, but one day we were walking through Dillard's. He stopped walking and says it with true enthusiasm. I look down to see what he is pointing at. It is the tackiest display I have ever seen. It's a little patch of fake grass with these ugly flowers that have gold buttons as their centers. He doesn't really use the word awesome all that often, so it's funny that he would use it on something like that. 7/08

"Give Said the 'Great Big' Stream" Parker loves the Primary song "Give Said the Little Stream", except that he feels that it should be much bigger. 7/08

"Parker go to David's house." He is referring to David Shannon's character in the "No David!" books. Apparently his house looks fun to a two year old. 7/08

"Big, big more" When I asked him if he wanted a little more, this is what he answered. 7/08

"Parker not tired. Parker awake." He said this with his eyes closed and was practically asleep - within 30 more seconds he was. 7/08

"Carry you, Daddy" is a common one of Parker's phrases. He still hasn't quite figured out that the meaning of "you" changes depending on who says it. Brad will ask "Do you want me to carry you?" and this is how he'll answer. 7/08

"Parker like to play with poison." He said this because he wanted to play with the stain remover and Mommy wouldn't get it down for him. 6/08

"Grampa's poo-poo." He said that it was stinky in the car once. I asked him if he had gone poo-poo and this is how he responded. We hadn't seen or talked of Grandpa all day. 6/08

"Applesauce!" This was the word he would throw out without thinking or if he wasn't sure of what to answer. 6/08

"Peace Out" He heard our old neighbor say this once a few weeks before and he randomly remembered it and told it to his parents. 6/08

"Horsey bite Cessy" We went to Wheeler Farm with some friends, including his little friend Cessily. She fell down and got a little scape when we were near the horses. He was convinced that the horse had bit her. He told everyone he knew about her mishap and it took us weeks to convice him that she had just fallen down and the horse was not to blame. 6/08

Parker just turned three this month, so I'm sure we still have plenty of time for more funny sayings. I'll keep posting them on the sidebar!

No comments: