Friday, June 26, 2009

Thank You, Goofers!

When Parker first came up with his imaginary friend Goofers, he said that he was a nice monster. He looked a lot like Elmo, only green. That description only lasted a day or two. Since then, Goofers has become a three-year-old kid with glasses that we sometimes find in the mirror. He looks and acts just like Parker, except that on occasion he can fly.
I would just like to publicly thank Goofers. It used to be that when Parker got up at 5:00 in the morning to go potty, I would have to go accompany him. He didn't necessarily need my help, just my company. Well. now, most of the time, I can tell him that Goofers will go with him and it works. He'll go in, turn the light on, use the toilet, flush and wash his hands all by himself, . . . or with only Goofers around. At five it is so nice to stay in my nice, comfortable, pillowtop bed instead of go stand in the bathroom to keep my three-year-old company. Luckily, he doesn't wake up in the night very regularly. Unluckily, he wakes up for the day earlier than 7:00 regularly. Thanks also to PBS Kids for entertaining him during those early morning hours.
Hooray again for Goofers!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I had no idea he had an imaginary friend, that's hysterical! We need to see you guys more!