Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Be Careful What You Say

If I ever want to hear what I sound like, all I have to do is listen to my three-year-old. Tonight he had his hands on his hips and was surveying the room. When I asked him what he was doing, he looked at me and said, "I'm figuring things out." He then proceeded to rearrange things on his little table while he said, "This looks good here," and "I bet this would look better over there." I actually haven't rearranged anything in a few weeks, but that is a perfect imitation of what I have done in the past. Parker has lots of phrases that came from me. Here are just a few verbatim quotes from me that he says regularly:
"That sounds like a good idea."
"I will do that for you in a few minutes."
"I'm just 'frusterated'."
"That's true."
"That's a good choice!"
A while ago Parker finished eating lunch and said, "Thanks for a great dinner, Hon." I am obviously not the only one Parker imitates. He has actually repeated phrases from many of his relations. Kids are too funny!

I am going to include a couple of other random and unrelated items in this post. The first of which is Jason's sweet mohawk. Parker and I were having some fun with Jason's hair in his bath. Pretty much anything looks so cute on a baby. Last week I got to hang out with my good friend Mary and her family. Her husband is attending medical school in West Virginia, so I hadn't seen her in a couple of years. I loved catching up and our kids had a good time playing.
Also, Parker's little bean seed that he got in nursery is growing like a weed. Luckily it's not one. It has several beans that are already about five inches long. We're excited that it's doing so well in our little flower box.

2 comments:

Robert and Kristen said...

I am so glad that his bean plant is doing so well. I really need to replant my kids seeds as well, they are starting to whilt! Sorry about yesterday, seriously, call me anytime you need me to watch your kids, my kids would love it!

Sarah said...

That bean picture is sooooo cute!!! You're family is adorable & you look great! Congrats!