I am sure that this year is sure to be one of the best ones yet! (At least that has been the case pretty much every previous year)
Monday, October 12, 2009
Gearing Up For It
I love birthdays! I love hearing from so many friends and family members. It's so fun to receive cards, phone calls, emails and facebook messages wishing you well for the occasion.
For the most part, I don't mind getting older either. Generally speaking, I have loved all the phases of life: childhood, teen years (yes, even that), college, mission, singlehood, newlywed life and now as a mother of young children. I feel like my capacity to love grows as I do and my life is continually enriched.
Anyway, back to birthdays. My mom is still 29 and holding, so I already passed her up. I rarely have any qualms about getting older so I haven't been planning on "holding" anywhere. Even the big 3-0 last year wasn't too shocking. For some reason, however, 31 is sounding more mature than I feel. I'm not sure exactly why. Is isn't as though I don't have any friends that are older than me. I have plenty. I certainly don't consider them to be "old", so why I would feel any different I cannot say.
Well, I have just over a week to come to terms with it before it happens, ready or not. If not, I can at least be consoled by delicious dessert and all of the attention that birthdays bring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment