Parker is such a funny kid! He always is saying things that crack me up! Sometimes I forget to write down what he says, but I have written a down bunch of funny Parker quotes. I post them on the side bar, but in case you missed them, here they are:
Parker: "Mom, do you have a shirt on?"
Jen: "Um, what do you think?"
Parker: "No?"
Jen: "Parker, we just came out of Wal-Mart; you walked all around the store with me. Of course I have a shirt on."
Parker: "Is it pink?"
Jen: "Yes. Why would you think I didn't have a shirt on?"
Parker: "I couldn't see it for a minute." Well, it seems that while I'm sitting in the front seat of the car and he is in the back and doesn't have a clear view of my shirt that he assumes I take it off. 9/09
"Mother Dearest, you look so beautiful! You look as pretty as a princess. The house looks so nice. You are amazing!" He loves the pleased reaction I give when he says this kind of stuff, so he repeats it often. For Brad he modifies it, "Daddy, I love you so much! You are my number one bud! You are very handsome too!" I am certainly glad this is the kind of stuff he's repeating. 9/09
Sunday 6:40 a.m.) Parker comes into my room and says, "Daddy is showering in the night (giggles), that's funny. He thinks it's morning."
Jen: "Don't we have a great Daddy who will get up very early to go to his church meetings?"
Parker: "It's funny that he has meetings in the night."
Jen: "Yeah, I guess it's kind of funny to have meetings in the night."
Parker runs to find Brad and says, "Daddy, Mommy thinks it's funny that you have meetings in the night!" Now was that MY idea? I didn't think so. 9/09
"I can't wait 'til I'm twelve, 'cause then I can have that burn my mouth too!" He asked if mouthwash was good and I told him it kind of burns. He knows he has to be twelve to try it, but is apparently looking forward to it. 9/09
"Have Fun!" Parker says this to Brad and I all the time. I'll tell him I'm running to go pull the laundry out the dryer or change the baby and this is how he responds. 9/09
"If you don't . . ., I'll throw you away!" When he's mad he'll threaten you to try to get his way. It doesn't work. We're trying to curb the threating too. 9/09
This is something I'll sing when he's a helper, but he'll really go the extra mile if he thinks I'll sing it. It's modified from SuperWhy. "Hip, hip Hooray! Super Parker saved the day! He . . . Super Parker saved the day!" Those ... are for he "was obedient" or "shared" or whatever his good deed was. 8/09
"I'm going to open Jason's door with it." Parker said this while hiding a bobby pin. He wanted to unlock Jason's door so that he could wake him up to play. 8/09
"Ever you mind, Mommy! Ever you mind!" I was cutting Parker's hair and even though I wasn't quite done, he thought I should be. I told him I needed to trim one long hair and this is what he said as he was trying to escape. 7/09
"I have to, it's in my story!" Parker says this regularly, but here's an example: Once he was banging on the table. When I asked him to stop, he used the Super Why phrase that it's in the story. Luckily, I can change the story just like they do in Super Why. 7/09
"Don't scare the monster or he'll throw you away. Be careful, he'll put you in the garbage." 7/09
"Heavenly Father, thank you that the dog ate the pizza. . ." We were at a party and the neighbor dog came over and ate a slice of pizza someone had left on their plate. Apparently Parker thought it was fitting to include gratitude for the incident in his prayers. 7/09
Tonight he had his hands on his hips and was surveying the room. When I asked him what he was doing, he looked at me and said, "I'm figuring things out." He then proceeded to rearrange things on his little table while he said, "This looks good here," and "I bet this would look better over there." 6/09
"Fee-fi-fo-fum . . . mmm, mmm, english muffin!" He was pretending to be the Jack and the Beanstalk giant. 5/09
"Yeah, and Heavenly Father has a noggin and I have a noggin!" I was talking to Parker about how our Father in Heaven has a body like ours. I mentioned that He has two legs and we have two legs. This was his addition. Despite our explainations, he is still convinced that a noggin is the top bridge of the nose and the space between your eyes. What a goofy kid! 5/09
This is a conversation between Parker and my brother Ben.
Ben:"What are Grandma Pratt's cats named?"
Parker "Oliver and Mila (pronounced Owiver and Miwa)"
Ben: "Oliver and Miwa?"
Parker: "(laughing hysterically) No, not Miwa, Miwa."
Ben: "Maya?"
Parker: "(Laughing even harder) No, not Maya, Miwa!"
I finally told Ben the cat's real name. Apparently the idea of a cat named Miwa or Maya was a pretty funny thought. 5/09
"Mommy, will you make a lap for me?" Parker says this to me when I have my legs crossed and he wants to climb up in my lap. 4/09
"I'm not a hindrance anymore!" The other day Parker was messing up the laundry when I waas trying to fold it. I told him he could stay and be a helper, but if he was going to be a hindrance, he'd have to leave the room. He asked me what I meant and ever since has used hindrance regularly in his vocabulary. 4/09
"Why?Why? . . .Why?" Every kid goes through this at some point and Parker has definitely hit the "why?" phase. 4/09
"Googled-cloza-tabla-buh. He says, 'What's that nonsense?'" Parker often asks what Jason is saying when he cries. I tell him things like "come get me" or "I'm hungry." This morning Parker was being silly and making up what Jason thought of it. 3/09
"Can I see them fly in the sky?" (He said that while flapping his arms like a bird.) He had been asking about what happens when people die. I had told him that they go to heaven to live with Heavenly Father and Jesus. When I told him it was up above the sky and you couldn't see it, this is what he asked. 3/09
"Grandma, you're kind a little." He said this to hid grandma who is only 5'0". 3/09
If you want more quotes check them out here or here.
3 comments:
Jen, those are priceless! What a funny little guy you have. So smart too:) What child uses the word "hindrance"??? How fun that you have kept track of all these cute things. What a great mom you are!
OH MY GOODNESS! He is beyond brilliant and oh so cute. I need to see you guys!
When Parker came to stay this week, I read him Animalia. He wanted to sit with me so he told me to "make a nest" (i.e., I put my feet together and he sits in hole it creates in the middle). I also enjoyed when he was the "O" at the baby shower. He said that I needed to hold him tight or he would roll away. I loved that game!
Post a Comment