Sunday, November 01, 2009

Halloween Festivites

We started out our fun Halloween weekend with a party at Brad's work on Friday afternoon. Parker enjoyed a cake walk in hopes of winning a cupcake. He ended up winning the entire round and won this whole monster cake! Just what we needed: a little more sugar this weekend! He also got some candy and played some fun games. Most of the employees at Brad's work were in costume and Brad even dressed up: he was a contestant on The Biggest Loser, but unfortunately I don't have a picture.
On Saturday afternoon I took Parker to the Halloween party at the library. He made some crafts, got a toy car and, of course, ended up with more candy. Here he is showing off the magic wand we made. Next we headed over to Lee's Marketplace, a local grocery store that always does great things for holidays. He ended up with Capri Sun, string cheese, fruit leather, more candy and these sweet vampire teeth.
Parker could hardly contain his excitement to go trick-or-treating. This is the best picture I could get of the boys prior to heading out.
When we left it was almost 60 degrees outside and the sun hadn't set. That quickly changed, but we were prepared with jackets and it ended up being a great night!Parker had a hard time remembering to say "trick-or-treat", but usually remembered to say thank you. He always remembered to get a treat for Jason too. I'm not sure if he was so quick to share out of kindness or a knowledge that Jason's too little for candy and that he might end up with it, but I'm hoping for the first. We certainly ended up with a ton of candy!
We had a very happy Halloween and hope that you did too! Seeing Jason in his costume reminded me of Parker's first Halloween. My cute little froggies!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh, it looks like you guys had a lot of fun! We missed you all this year. Hopefully we will see you soon! Give the boys kisses for us!

Megan said...

Cute boys!!

lys said...

I love the side-by-side pics of both boys. Fun to compare the two!