
As most of you know, I taught elementary school for five years. I loved it, but I certainly love being home with my boys more. I am excited that Parker is old enough now to do some of the art projects that I used to do with my students. We've been busy the last few days doing leaf rubbings, collages and Karo syrup and food coloring art. To make the shiny pumkins and leaves, you first draw the image on whilte construction paper and go over it with a Sharpie or black marker. Next, spread corn syrup all over it. Then put a few drops of food coloring and spread it around. (With the syrup on your fingers, it won't stain your hands.) Then let it dry a day or two before you cut it out and hang it up.

If you come to our house, you will see it decorated everywhere with our projects. Since most of you won't be coming over, here is a sampling for you:

This morning it snowed. There was hardly more than a dusting of snow and it melted within a few hours, but Parker was sure to take advantage of this season's first snow.
He started out making snow angels.

Next we made a snowman.

So that you can fully appreciate the size, here is Parker with our little snow guy.

Here are a few other random pictures taken in the last few weeks that haven't been posted yet.
Parker loves to help me cook. He often dons his apron and pulls out his stool so that he can help me prepare dinner. In this picture he is also posing with his "stare face".

Jason is such a cute, happy kid! He'll be 11 months old next week! My baby is growing up too quickly, but he still is as handsome as can be!
Parker loves to build with the Omagles at my parent's house. Here he is on his way to try to reach the ceiling on his "ladderd"!

I usually lock Jason's room so that Parker can't disturb him when he's sleeping. The other day I forgot. I heard Parker sneak in and just stayed near to listen. Parker found every toy in the vicinity and piled them in the crib. Well, at least he was sharing!
We hope that you've been having as much fun as we have!
5 comments:
Very cute decorations! It looks like you have been having lots of fun! I love the snowman!
I LOVE the snowman! Glad to see you guys are doing so well. Your boys keep getting cuter and cuter!
such fun projects. how do you do the art with syrup and color? just mix them together? so cool- Jules will love that.
For Karo syrup art, draw your image (leaves, jack-o-lantern, etc.) on construction paper and go over it with a blck marker. Then pour a drop of syrup on and spread it around with your finger. Last put on a few drops of food coloring. If you want to mix them, then also do that with your finger. (We mixed the pumpkins, but not the leaves.) It dries fairly fast, but I'd wait overnight before hanging them up.
You are so good.... I wish I was better about art projects.
Post a Comment