Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Gratitude to Veterans

I just want to give a big shout out to all of the Veterans and their families. It is a huge sacrifice to give of your time, your energy, your talents and sometimes even your lives to preserve our freedom. Thank you for your willingness to leave your loved ones in our behalf. All of Brad's and my grandfathers1 served in the armed forces. The photo above is of my dad's dad while he was serving as a doctor in the Coast Guard. I wish that I had pictures of all of our grandfathers in their uniforms, but unfortunately I don't. I also wigh that I knew more about their experiences. I am so grateful for their service.
My other grandpa served in the navy during WWII. He turned 18 right when Pearl Harbor was bombed. Both of Brad's grandpas served during the Korean War.My cousin Chris returned a while ago from year-long deployment in Kuwait. My cousin's husband recently returned from a year in Iraq.
There are so many friends who have and are serving that I can't pay special tribute to them individually, but I hope that they all recognize how much we appreciate their service! Hopefully we can all be better about always honoring them.

1 comment:

Daddy's Fighting for Freedom said...

Thanks for the post. I think all too often they are forgotten. We appreciate it.