Sunday, January 03, 2010

New Year's Parties

Brad was able to take New Year's Eve off of work, so we headed down to Salt Lake for some fun! All of my siblings went to see Avatar in 3-D at the IMAX. Unfortunately Ben felt a little under the weather, but my cousin Archer was thrilled to come instead.










That afternoon we went to Brad's Aunt Kim's for a fabulous party. We had delicious turkey sandwiches, tasty pistacios and more. Here we are enjoying a fun game of Bang!
Most of the guys were in watching basketball games.
The kids were running around like Banshees.
Afterwards we went back to my parent's for some more great food and games. Thanks Jules for making all of the fabulous dips! I especially loved the spinach artichoke and seven-layer minus a few layers. We played Angie's new game Quelf. If you enjoy acting ridiculous, or at least seeing your friends and family look ridiculous, then this game is for you. I'll spare the players by not showing photos, but during the game there was all kinds of absurdity. Pete had a paper sack Halloween mask over his head, Scott had to talk like a gangster and act like Santa. Ben even sat on his lap. Angie had to wear a helmet, I had to belly dance and sit under the table and that's only the beginning. Quelf is really pure craziness!
At midnight we enjoyed some sparkling cider and wore silly paper hats. My dad even lasted 'til twelve.
Then my parents pulled out a time capsul they made ten years ago in 2000. I was on my mission in the Peru MTC at the time, so I hadn't known that it was made. There was a copy of one of my letters to them inside. Everyone else wrote what they had been doing a predictions for the next five years. Most of my siblings were pretty young, so they had funny goals.
It was so much fun that I've decided that for family night on Monday we'll make a time capsul too. We slept over at my parent's house that night and on New Year's Day my mom treated Angie, I, and the bigger kids to The Princess and the Frog. Parker loved the music. During all the songs he danced in the aisle.
It was a pretty cute movie. I really liked the messages of the value of good relationships and that hard work will help you achieve your goals. After the movie all the kids did more dancing.
While we were at the movie Jason and Dylan were hanging out too. I bet these two will be good buds when they get a little older.
We're really looking forward to 2010 and will do what we can to make it our best year yet!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Thanks Jen for the lovely picture of me stuffing my face..... oh boy!!