Really Jason is doing pretty well considering Parker's experience. Parker climbed out of his crib at seventeen months, so we made the transition then. For weeks he'd fall asleep on the floor or in weird positions. At night we'd come in and move him to his bed. He had a particularly hard time for naps. Here are a few shots of his funny positions.
Today our neighbor Blaire invited the boys to come swimming in her pool. They all had a grand time playing in the water.I'm glad that Jason has gotten over his terror of the water. The first time he went swimming a month ago and at the ocean he was terrified, but not anymore. We've been swimming in our wading pool several other times, but I have forgotten to take pictures. Oh, well.
Jason got over his fear about two weeks ago when I took the boys to the North Shore Aquatic Center by our house. It is the best swim park ever for little kids. Anyway, he was crying when we got there, but once he saw Parker go down this froggy slide, that was it. He wanted to play too and wasn't afraid at all.
It's kind of funny that he was so afraid, because now he can't get enough of the water. He loves to play in the water and even likes to be splashed in the face!
On an unrelated note: On Sunday Parker gave his second talk in Primary. The other young children who were supposed to participate wouldn't say a word, but Parker wasn't nervous at all. His talk was about how the Holy Ghost testifies of the truth of all things. He said loudly what his dad whispered in his ear and did a fantastic job! In Sunbeams class Parker drew a picture of his family. I love it so much I'm posting it. The back row has Mommy, Jason and Daddy and the front row has Parker and our little Baby Girl. I love our rainbow hair and the glasses on Brad and Parker!
We hope you've been having as much fun as we have!
Monday, June 28, 2010
My Little Hooligans Playing Around
Now that our little girl is due in only 2 1/2 months, we decided we'd better get serious about transitioning Jason from his crib to his "big boy bed" on the bottom bunk. Tonight makes the second night of him falling asleep in the bed himself. We put him in there by 7:30 and he doesn't fall asleep until nearly nine, but we're hoping he'll get used to it and fall asleep earlier. This picture was taken tonight at about 8:20 when I went in to check on them. It was quite dark, so I couldn't see him well when I shot the picture. Apparently Jason thought it was so funny that he wasn't asleep. He's such a tease!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Where did you get your bunk bed. It looks like a really good one. We are almost to that stage where we need our boys in a bunk bed too. They grow so fast!
Post a Comment