Thursday, July 01, 2010

The Joy (and Trial) of Motherhood

I love my job as a mother! It certainly isn't always an easy one, but I love those special moments when when you feel very rewarded. Last night I had one on those special moments. I wish Brad would have been home to witness it too or that I could have recorded it somehow, but this retelling will have to suffice.

I was sitting in our rocker with both boys on what's left of my lap. We had just finished reading a few books and I started singing them a few songs to calm them down for bed. As I was singing, "I Am a Child of God", Jason started "singing" along. Of course he doesn't sing the words or even the tune; he just sings nonsense. Parker thought that it was funny and started giggling. Then Jason started laughing hysterically. Jason would sing for a second and then both boys would laugh. They kept this up for the rest of the song and throughout the next as well; so much for calming them down. Even though they were acting like little rascals instead of getting ready for bed, I just loved that moment.

Today when I turned on the computer, I found this new video clip on Motherhood that fits perfectly with those special moments. . .well, and all of the ups and downs of motherhood:

2 comments:

Steve and Kirsten said...

Thanks for sharing...just what I needed. I love those little silly moments our kids give us : ).

Unknown said...

Wow, I so needed that. :)