So last Saturday we took the boys to see their new cousin Will. Jason adores any baby and this was no different. He was grinning ear to ear while holding him. He turned to everyone in the room and told them, "baby, baby, baby!" while just beaming. He was totally focused on Will, until he saw Adam and Parker playing with a ball. Then it was over and he was done.
Parker had been talking all week about little William, but when the chance came, he decided he didn't want to hold him. He did give him a few kisses, though.

After a few minutes, Jason decided to return to the baby. He kept climbing up and giving him kisses (we supervised, of course).

Afterwards we went to my parents' house. Angie had bought a box of Pops! firecrackers and Parker loved throwing them at the cement. My parents watched them while Brad and I went out to The Last Airbender and Zuppas.

On Monday night we had a family night with the rest of the bishopric in Sardine Canyon. The boys had so much fun playing with the other kids on the playground, sand box, and just in the dirt. We were at a private campground that was perfect for the kids (Thanks Russ and Heather). Unfortunately Brad had class, but the rest of us were able to go up. We had a fantastic taco dinner and then had the best surprise! Brad's class was out super-early and he could come up! It's too bad for his sick professor, but we loved having him there. Don't you love his campground attire? (Yes, his suit and tie are at the dry cleaners.)

Parker loved roasting marshmallows. The executive secretary showed the kids the magic trick where the quarter disappears and shows up in someone's ear. Parker tried to recreate it for everyone and hid it behind his back. It was hilarious! I really wish I had it on video.

This Thursday my wonderful sister-in-law Jackie took a photoshoot of the boys at Wheeler Farm. That definitely deserves it's own post, so look for that soon. Afterwards I let the boys see a few of the animals.


Then my brother Ben watched the boys for me so I could catch lunch with two of my forever friends, Janet and Deb. We met when I was twelve and moved into their neighborhood. We have been friends ever since. It's too bad I only see them about once a year.

Then in the afternoon I got to hang out with another one of my favorite people! Kate and I have been friends since 7th grade as well. We went swimming with our five kids (collectively) and had so much fun! I didn't take any pictures, so I stole this two-year-old photo off facebook. I love catching up with good friends!

We went back to my parents' and hung out with my sister Julie and her family who had just arrived from Las Vegas for the weekend. Parker and Ali loved jumping and sliding in the wading pool!

Later Ben pulled the kids around in the wagon. I have clearer pictures, but for some reason I like this one best!

We played some softball in the backyard. The kids needed some coaching as to when to run where, but had a great time!

Heidi is getting really good at hitting the ball!

Jason and Dylan played with other balls in the backyard and then sat down to watch the game. It was so cute!

Then Jas decided to get into the action.

The kids had fun sitting together for dinner!

It was Alison's birthday that day and Heidi's is next month, so we gave them their present. It's a color-it-yourself
playhouse like the one we gave my neice Isabelle for Christmas last year. The kids loved testing it out!
Hope you have been having as much fun as we have!
No comments:
Post a Comment