Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Trains and Temples

Last week I took the boys on the Frontrunner train for the first time. They loved it! The only way I could get the boys to stop looking out the window and sit down for a picture was with fruit snacks. I was pretty impressed by how quickly the time passed and before we knew it my mom picked us up in Salt Lake.

My sister Angie moved to a great new apartment last month, so we went to check it out. The day before she'd returned from spending two weeks in Ireland and England; she's still quite the world traveler. She brought back some souvenirs for us, including these cool glittery bouncy balls with a leprechaun and sheep inside for the boys. They LOVE them and play with them for hours at a time!Next we went with Angie and my mom to Temple Square. We started out in the South Visitor's Center so we could check out the replica model of the temple. It really is just like the inside. The kids loved looking at it.Next we walked up to the Lion House. Normally this might not be very high on our priority list, but we have a wonderful watercolor painting of the Lion House next to our kitchen table. We look at the painting all the time and Parker and Jason were very excited to go see the real thing. We also had the bonus of stopping by the Lion House Pantry for some treats. The boys loved looking at and smelling all of the gorgeous flowers at temple square. Of course they loved to play in fountains too.

I love this shot of the boys running toward the temple. What a great thing to be doing!

Afterwards Brad met up with us at a family party at my Grandma Cannon's. Of couse it was fantastic, but I didn't take any photos. It was a great end to a great day!

No comments: