Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Aquarium for National Penguin Day

Last Thursday was National Penguin Awareness Day. Yeah, I didn't know either. Late that morning, however, I turned on my computer and saw on the pyp blog that that the Living Planet Aquarium was free if you dressed in black and white to celebrate. We didn't have anything going on that day and decided that a free day at the aquarium would be fun. My mom and brother Ben were able to join us for the fun.

The boys favorite part was the moon jellies, but I didn't take a picture. I did get several other photos though. This first picture is Jason looking at the caimans.

Ben and Jas in the Discover Utah section. Watching the penguins: Of course my boys are awful about looking at the camera. Checking out the sharks:The green anaconda: Liesel loved watching the fish: The boys weren't interested, but Ben and I touched the bat rays.I couldn't use the flash for the octopus, but you can still kind of see it.Liesel and I by the coral reef: My boys rarely dress up, but sometimes they do. Of course Parker wanted to be a police officer, because he's "a fan of jail". For family night last week we interviewed the boys. Parker said, "Do you know why I like Toy Story 3? It's because I'm a fan of jail!" Ha, ha, ha! He got the "I'm a fan..." phrase from me, but his interest in prisons is all his own.

Ben and Angie came up to visit us yesterday. Hooray, we love having visitors!

No comments: