Monday, January 10, 2011

Christmas Day

I know I'm a little late on posting these, but Christmas was a little too good to us. It's taken me a while to get all of our new things put away and our house clean and organized again. I'm almost there, so I decided to catch up a little on posts.


Christmas morning we had slept over at my parent's house, so we opened presents together. It was pretty fun to see what everyone got and gave. Here is Jason with his new "choo-choo tain" from his grandparents.

It's fun to have a few girl toys now. Liesel got this adorable little doll from my sister Julie and her family. She had woken up so early that morning that she was hungry again by this photo.

Santa did not disappoint. He brought us this basketball hoop with a bunch of extra balls. In their stockings Parks got a light saber and Jas got the Ocean Toob. They both got punching balloons too. This photo shows Ali and Parker opening the present.

After opening presents we went to the annual finnan haddie (smoked cod) breakfast at GGs. Brad loves the fish best, but I look forward to the funeral potatoes and grapefruit slush. I could seriously eat that slush every day. Grandma and Grandpa are so generous to host and very thoughtful with their gifts. Liesel got this cute knitted lion. Jason plays with his Toy Story Round-Up game daily and Parker loves his phonics keyboard. Thanks!

We decided to get a family photo there too. I'm so glad it turned out okay. This is seriously the best picture we have as a family of five.

We also got photos of the two girl cousins, Isabelle and Liesel. They turned out so darling!

Since a few of my siblings live out of state, we decided we'd better take the opportunity to take a family photo. It turned out pretty well considering Julie just put her camera on the tripod and then used the remote.

I loved so many of our gifts that I won't mention all of them, but there are a few I do want to mention. I am super-happy about the apron my sister Julie made me. One of my very favorite gifts was this family memory game. Julie gave this to us and WE LOVE IT!

She included all of Brad's and my parents, siblings, nieces and nephews. So cool!

The boys have also been enjoying the castle and knights we gave them. Here's the outside:

Here's a few of the inside:

Half the time Jason fills it with his animals instead of the king, queen and knights, but that's okay. It's lots of fun anyway. I absolutely love this Simon Dewey painting of the Savior that my in-laws gave us. We hope that you enjoyed Christmas as much as we did!

No comments: