Sunday, January 02, 2011

Christmas Eve and Before

The family Christmas parties began for us on December 23 at my Grandma Cannon's. I really should be better about taking pictures. Of course we had the most amazing food: filet minon, homemade rolls and delicious salads and sides. My grandma sure knows how to cook! I'm hoping very much to be like her as soon as possible! Her parties are about as wonderful as she is. After dinner we had a little Christmas program. Alison, Parker and Heidi sang.

Most of the attendees:

We enjoyed lots of other great talents, read the story of Christ's birth in the Bible and sang some Christmas carols. Thanks Grandma for another wonderful party!

The next party was Christmas Eve afternoon at Jackie's with Brad's parents and siblings. We always have such a great time! I don't think I could love them more than if I were born into the family! Oh, how I love these two!The kids enjoying their lunch:

Janelle and Kade

Kenzie and Kim

We had a little program. Parker and Jason each did a solo of Jingle Bells. Jas just sings "Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells" over and over. Parker now knows the whole song, but in his performance he only sang the chorus (several times ha, ha)!


All the kids sang "Up on the Housetop" as well.

We attempted a little nativity play. Isabelle was Mary, Adam was Joseph and Brad was a good sport to be the donkey. Baby Will was Jesus, Parker was the angel and Isaac, Kade and Jason were shepherds. The kids were super-distracted, but it was fun anyway- definitely funny! Next we opened our presents. Everyone is really too generous to give such wonderful gifts!That evening we went to my parents for another delicious meal! Yes, we're lucky ducks! After dinner we went out front to sprinkle our Magic Reindeer Food.Jas is the only one who would pose for a photo. Then we went inside for a little Christmas program. The kids weren't up for a full nativity play this year, but most of them dressed up. Jason refused even with bribery. Liesel, Julie, Heidi and ScottDylan and I Parker and Heidi left out milk and a cookie with a special note for Santa.

My parents had all of their descendants sleeping at their house on Christmas Eve. It was kind of cozy to have fifteen people staying there, but it was certainly fun!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Oh my goodness! You guys were quite busy this holiday! :) How cute. I love the pictures. Great traditions. :)

Falcon Family said...

How fun! Sounds like you have fun family time! We do the reindeer food thing too! You blog is very cute I have a hard time keeping up with but I am trying to do better!