Last Sunday we went down to Springville to welcome one of Brad's cousin's home from her mission. Lindsey just returned from serving in the Richmond, Virginia Spanish speaking mission. It was so great to see her and hear her speak. It was also wonderful to see Grandma and our other family we don't see near enough. Here is a picture of some of the girls: Nikki, Mandy, Kaiti, Jackie, Lindsey and Katie. I was helping my kids during this photo, but I wasn't the only one not in the photo. Lots of us were there: Jen & Eric (Adam & Will), Landon and Katherine (Abby), Tyler & Jen (Kaysia & Ryder), Dave & Pam, plus all of Mary and Kristie's families (minus Riley who is on a mission in Norway).
Afterwards we had the most delicious meal. It was Cafe Rio style, but I would say even better! (I do not say that lightly, I LOVE Cafe Rio.) Of course I had to get the recipes and I can't wait to make them so I can enjoy them again.This last week Lindsey's brother Kade got his mission call. He'll be serving in Burmingham, England and leaving in July. How exciting! I remember well getting my own mission call. It's so thrilling to find out where you'll be spending the next year and a half or two years of your life!
Later that afternoon all of Brad's family came over to my parents' home. My parents were out of town, so we hosted the family to celebrate Brad's mom's birthday. I made chicken-filled croissants with sauce and rice with cheesecake and Oreo pie for dessert. It was so fun to get together with Brad's parents and all of his sisters and their families. I really feel so fortunate to have such a kind and generous mother-in-law. I couldn't have hoped to marry into a better family. After dinner we piled all the children around grandma for a photo. Getting that many toddlers to smile is basically impossible; I'm impressed to even have them looking. Aren't they all cute? What a happy grandmother!
Liesel soiled her pretty polka-dot dress, so we had this little knitted outfit in the bag. When Will came over, he was wearing the same thing, only in a different color. Here are these two little cuties in their matching outfits. I think it's hilarious that Will is only two months and four days older than Liesel, because they are so different in size.
What a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment