
These three little kids are sunshine to my soul. They can be little hooligans and wear me out, but they are tons of fun too. A couple weeks ago Parker found an old job chart that I'd used as a kid. He asked if he could do it and earn a prize. Sure, of course he can do jobs for me! It only took him a few days to do the 20 jobs, so he earned making a treat with me. He wanted sugar cookies, so today we got around to making them.

I love that Parker is starting to enjoy reading. He went through a phase where I had to bribe him to do it, but now he chooses to read. He's getting good at it too.

As a former elementary school teacher, I couldn't pass up Dr. Seuss's birthday without reading some books to celebrate. Parker actually did the honors though. I think I've only read him
Green Eggs and Ham once or twice, but Parker has read it several times. It was one of the first books he read entirely himself
(after he figured out could and would). Here'a a clip of him reading it- and with some expression too.
I love that these boys are (mostly) such good buddies.
1 comment:
Great minds think alike. I had to get pictures of my kids reading Dr. Seuss yesterday too! Love that man. You are such a good mom! Isn't it fun when your kids are reading. I wish I was more diligent at teaching James to read. Ally asked everyday for a reading lesson. With James I have to remember to sit down and take the time for him to learn.
Post a Comment